Welcome to the Child Support Lien Network
Florida What Happens Next?
Please supply your personal contact information to assist in the next steps:
Direct Telephone number (including extension)
Secure or direct Fax number
- A Florida Child Support Enforcement Worker will contact you by forwarding
a “Notice of Claim Review for Intercept”.
- Your Company should retain the funds until you receive a “Notice
to Withhold Income for Child Support” or a “Notice of Release”.
- The Florida Child Support Enforcement Worker will also notify the claimant
of the Departments intent.
- Florida law provides the claimant with a limited time period for due process
in which he/she may request a hearing to contest the State’s action.
- At the conclusion of the statutory period, if your Claimant is still non-compliant
with the Court’s order, a “Notice to Withhold Income for Child
Support” will be forwarded to you.
- This notice provides the amount due the state and instructions on how and where to remit the funds.
All states have new administrative lien and subpoena powers enacted into law by the U.S. Congress in 1996. State Child Support agencies can issue subpoenas administratively to any person, business or entity to determine assets and access personal information belonging to persons who owe child support. States can issue liens and levies administratively against the assets of delinquent parents in order to collect past due support. In addition, Congress required all states pass legislation that recognizes each state’s administrative authority and powers across state lines. Thus, the States belonging to the Child Support Lien Network are operating under new law in order to discover insurance claim data.
Contact Information / Florida Child Support Enforcement
Note: The name and phone number of the worker handling the case will be included in the Notices you receive from the Florida Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement.
CSLN Lien Coordinator
Fax: (850) 414-0049
Florida Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement
PO Box 5556
Tallahassee, FL 32314-5556